If you’ve been to the Walt Disney World Resort, I bet you have a favorite time of year to go. I have been there throughout the different times of the year and seasonal celebrations, but one of my favorite times to go isduring Fall. Here are my top ten reasons to go to the Walt Disney World Resorts in the Fall:
- Fall Offers – The Walt Disney World Resort has been known to offer a fall discount! The current offer is for 25% off select rooms on travel from July 11 through September 29, 2021. The fall decorations are usually in the parks around the middle of September. So, you could get the fall offer and take in all the Fall fun at the same time!
- Cooler weather – The temperatures are somewhat cooler in the Fall. In September, you can still have days close to 90 degrees, but in October the average high temperature drops by a few degrees and even a few more in November. You will definitely have weather warm enough that you can still enjoy the pools at the resorts and the water rides or even spend a day at one of the water parks!
- Smaller crowds – In the Fall, the parks are not nearly as crowded as the Parks and the wait times for rides aren’t as long as they would be during Summer. Don’t get me wrong, there are still people in the parks but not as many as during the months when kids are not in school.
- Fall Treats – Do you love Halloween themed or pumpkin flavored treats? The list of the Fall goodies is usually released in August. Last year’s Fall treats included mouth-watering treats such as the Poor Unfortunate Souls Float, the Mickey Monster Mash Burger, the Not So Poison Apple Cupcake, a Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Sundae and a Pumpkin Spice Milkshake. I can’t wait to see what they release for this year!
- Fall decorations– Fall and Halloween just go hand in hand! I love fall and really love Halloween then add the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort and you have the makings of a perfect Fall getaway! The decorations include pumpkins, fall plants and leaves. If you ride “Living with the Land,” you might even see a Hidden Mickey made out of a pumpkin!
- After Hours Boo Bash – The After-Hours Boo Bash is a special ticketed event scheduled for Fall 2021! It takes places on select evenings from August 10, through October 31, 2021. It is a spooky festivity that includes Halloween themed cavalcades, character sightings throughout the park, performances by the Cadaver Dans, lighting, decorations, music, and treat stops with candy! (There are candy and treat options for members of your party that have a good allergy, such as a gluten allergy!) There are several great things about the After-Hours Boo Bash, adults can dress up in costumes as well as kids; since it is only for guests that have the tickets, it is a smaller event and the ride lines are shorter and Mickey Mouse and friends are dressed in Halloween attire! A lot of times you can get special merchandise for the After-Hours Boo Bash that you can only get during the event!
- Fall Characters – If you do attend the After-Hours Boo Bash, you can find Mickey Mouse and friends dressed in seasonal clothes! It makes for a great family or kids photo when they and the characters are in costume. If you get to the After-Hours Boo Bash, you can get a map that directs you to the Character spots!
- Fall Merchandise – I love seasonal Disney Merchandise and what better place to get your favorite Fall or Halloween Disney items than at the Walt Disney World Resort? You can get Fall decorations for your home and great seasonal apparel!
- 2021 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival – This is a must do for anyone that loves to try different foods and wines! The 2021 EPCOT Food and Wine Festive for 2021 runs from July 15, 2021, through November 20, 2021.Where else can you “take a taste tour around the world at appetizing marketplaces featuring authentic global cuisine and beverages?”
- Change from Fall to Holiday Decorations – The change from Fall to Holiday decorations usually takes place during the first week of November, which is still in the Fall! So, you could be in the parks one day admiring the Halloween decorations and go to the park the next day and be in the mood to start your Christmas shopping! What better place to do that for all of the Disney fans in your family than the Walt Disney World Resort?
It was really hard to limit my choices to just 10 items. I hope you get to go to the Walt Disney World Resort in the Fall and share what you love about it with me and the other agents of Mystical Dream Travel! We’d love to hear your thoughts!